Thank you for Celebrating 31 years of Minneapolis tradition!
November 26, 2020 – Warm up your Thanksgiving appetite with the 32nd Annual Invisalign Turkey Day Minneapolis 5K!
Since 1989, the Invisalign Turkey Day Minneapolis 5K has brought family and friends together to start the day in a healthy way. Join runners, joggers and walkers for Minneapolis’ first and Minneapolis’ favorite Thanksgiving day – turkey trot – tradition.
REGISTER AND RECEIVE
Register for the 2020 Invisalign Turkey Day Minneapolis 5K and receive the following:
- Limited edition long sleeve race shirt (*2019 shirt pictured right*)
- Finisher medal for all those who cross the finish line (*2019 medal pictured right)
- Timed 5K for all participants
- Race photos available for purchase courtesy of FinisherPix
- Access to the Turkey Day Tailgate Finish Festival
- Thanksgiving inspired games such as Turkey Bowling and Cornhole
- Warm cider and cocoa
- Spiked Cider Bar (21+) drink in partnership with Gray Duck Vodka
The Largest Colony Contest
Walkers, speedsters and strollers alike, gather your whole family, friends and turkeys to join you at the Turkey Day Minneapolis 5k’s Largest Colony Contest! Colonies of 10 or more people will be rewarded with a FREE Turkey Day 5k gift for everyone in your colony. *2019 gift pictured right*
- While registering for the race, be sure to write the “colony” name you’ll be affiliated with to participate in the contest.
- Designate a Colony Captain
- Each colony with 10 or more registrants will receive a turkey inspired gift for each colony member.
- Colony Captain will pick up their teams gifts at the Turkey Day Tailgate in the finish festival, at the orange Turkey Day 5k tent.
*2019 gift pictured right.
*Program sells out at 300 participants, or on Tuesday, November 24th at midnight – whichever happens first.
*Teams participating in the Fastest Flock Team Challenge are not eligible.
The Fastest Flock Team Challenge
Local racing teams, running groups, running clubs, and whoever else is feeling fast are invited to participate in the 4th edition of the Fastest Flock Team Challenge! Team Challenge details include:
- Prize Money
- The 1st place team in the Fastest Flock Team Challenge will win $1,000, 2nd place will win $750 and the 3rd place team will win $250.
- Age-Graded Scoring
- Team scores will be calculated using age-graded scoring (the current world record for your age/gender divided by your actual finish time) of the top 5 team members, meaning all teams can compete against each other in one BIG team challenge regardless of age/gender for bragging rights, glory, and of course the prize money!
If your team would like to participate or if you have any questions, email our Team Challenge Coordinator here and more in-depth details about the Team Challenge will be sent to you.
2017 Results here
2018 Results here
2019 Results here
*Participants competing in The Fastest Flock Team Challenge are not eligible to participate in the Largest Colony Contest.
*Any and all MSHSL/NCAA/High School or Collegiate athletes are not eligible to contribute to a Fastest Flock Team Challenge team.
THREE WAYS TO REGISTER
Sign up online at any time before race morning and receive special perks for registering early.
In person Registration & Packet Pick Up
Register in one of our pre-race packet pick up locations (locations and times Visit the Schedule page for packet pickup details.
Race-day registration will be offered between 6:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. at the Target Center. Beat the lines and register online!
*Please note that there will not be access into the Target Center after 7:30 a.m.
2019 Registration Fees
|Dec 1 - Oct 1||Oct 2 - Oct 24||Oct 25 - Nov 6||Nov 7 - Nov 24||Nov 25 - Nov 28|
|Youth (17 & under)||$20||$20||$20||$25||$30|
|Tiny Turkeys Kids Race||$15||$15||$15||$15||$25|
**Discounts do not apply to Early Bird pricing**
The Invisalign Turkey Day Minneapolis is fun for all ages. Youth age 17 and under are encouraged to participate and may have their parent or guardian register the participant in the youth division.
Youth registration is $20 thru November 26 and $25 for race day registration. Registration includes youth t-shirt and all the perks that come along with the Turkey Day Run.
*Race discounts are not applicable to the Youth 5K division.
LIFE TIME MEMBERS
Members and employees of Life Time, Inc. save $5 when you enter your member or employee number during registration.
**New in 2018**
Life Time members and employees will receive a Thanksgiving inspired gift!
To redeem – register for the Invisalign Turkey Day 5K. Then on race day, stop by the Life Time tent located in the Turkey Day Tailgate and show your race bib and membership card.
This event has a strict no refund policy. Please refer to the information below for registration options.
Bib to Bib Transfer
You may officially transfer your race entry to another non-registered runner. Before completing the transfer process, please note:
- You will not be refunded/reimbursed for your original registration. Any transfer compensation must be arranged between you and the transfer recipient. The race organizers are not responsible for the terms of payment between parties in the transfer process and we do not condone the resale of registrations at elevated prices.
- The race entry recipient will be charged a $30 transfer fee to complete the transfer for full and half marathon distances and $10 for any race distance less than a half marathon.
- A new bib will be assigned to the race entry recipient only after new registration is complete online.
- Race Entry Transfer Steps:
- Find a non-registered runner interested in officially participating in the said event. Race organizers do not participate in this part of the process.
- To complete the transfer, the registered runner must provide the race organizers with the name and email address of the person you are transferring your entry to.
- You will be withdrawn from the event.
- The transfer recipient will receive an email with a registration code. The transfer recipient is required to register with code, and pay the transfer fee.
- Once the transaction is finalized, the transfer recipient will receive an email confirming race registration.
- ALL TRANSFERS MUST BE COMPLETED/REQUESTED TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT. PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU’VE MISSED THE DEADLINE FOR BIB TO BIB TRANSFERS.
Any participant who transfers his or her race entry or race bib without following the above process will be removed from official race results and disqualified from participating in any future Life Time event.
Note: This policy is strictly available for race entry only. This policy does not apply to add-on packages.
- November 21, 2019View the 2019 Participant Guide Here Welcome to the 31st Annual Invisalign Turkey Day Minneapolis 5K produced by Life Time! […]
- November 17, 2018Happy Thanksgiving Week! We’re getting excited and putting the final touches on the 30th Annual Life Time Turkey Day 5K Minneapolis taking place […]
- November 15, 2017Happy Thanksgiving! Who’s getting excited for the Annual Turkey Day Run Minneapolis taking place on Thursday, November 23? Event day […]
Get in the loop
Sign up for news, updates and special offers from the Invisalign Turkey Day Minneapolis 5K produced by Life Time.